Note: This site is under construction (most recent update 18 May 2015) so check frequently for updates.
In recent weeks we’ve uncovered details of Anthelme’s involvement in the French gold digging expedition to Bathurst in 1854/5, made contact with more of Madame Thozet’s living relatives, sourced the facts which led to some of the rumours about the disposal of the property Muellerville and made a start on locating the lost grave of Madame Thozet.
This site currently includes information on:
- The circumstances under which Anthelme fled France,
- Anthelme’s ancestry,
- Speculation about Anthelme’s education,
- Madame Thozet’s family of origin,
- Madame Thozet’s relatives living in Australia,
- some biographical details on Auguste and his wife Lucy Anne Nobbs,
- the Thozet family monument and existing historic markers,
- the survey plan of Muellerville,
- interviews with people who knew Madame Thozet,
- floor plan of the house,
- details of some of the missing medals,
- Thozet link to the statue,
- layout of Muellerville gardens and plants grown there,
- location of the family graves.
Still to come:
- Anthelme’s contribution to science, and to Von Mueller’s scientific work,
- Anthelme’s community involvement and capacity building,
We welcome any further information on the family, and can archive your evidence here with full credits, or anonymously if you prefer.