Note: This site is under construction (most recent update 7 August 2013) so check frequently for updates.
In recent weeks we’ve uncovered details of Anthelme’s involvement in the French gold digging expedition to Bathurst in 1854/5, made contact with more of Madame Thozet’s living relatives, sourced the facts which led to some of the rumours about the disposal of the property Muellerville and made a start on locating the lost grave of Madame Thozet.
This site currently includes information on:
- The circumstances under which Anthelme fled France,
- Anthelme’s ancestry,
- Speculation about Anthelme’s education,
- Madame Thozet’s family of origin,
- Madame Thozet’s relatives living in Australia,
- some biographical details on Auguste and his wife Lucy Anne Nobbs,
- the Thozet family monument and existing historic markers,
- the survey plan of Muellerville,
- interviews with people who knew Madame Thozet,
- floor plan of the house,
- details of some of the missing medals,
- Thozet link to the statue,
- layout of Muellerville gardens and plants grown there,
- location of the family graves.
Still to come:
- Anthelme’s contribution to science, and to Von Mueller’s scientific work,
- Anthelme’s community involvement and capacity building,
We welcome any further information on the family, and can archive your evidence here with full credits, or anonymously if you prefer.